Type: Hotels, Motels and Resorts
Hosts: Veronica, Steve and Sarah
Tariff: W/ends $150 per room with midweek specials, well-being packages and group booking specials
Address: Continental House, 9 Lone Pine Avenue, Hepburn Springs, VIC 3461
Continental House Fun, Health and Well-Being 1920s style. Pop through the amazing hedge and enter our special world. Perfect for guests seeking character accommodation with well-being options. Soak up the history, the energy, and the quirk and soon you will notice that "Joy is everywhere". We welcome Individuals, Couples , Retreats and Group Bookings and will work with you to ensure an amazing stay at "The Conti". Well-Being packages and various catering options available on request
- Yoga and Well-Being
- 12 Bedrooms all ensuite- singles, queens and kings
- Yoga With Sarah from Jun 02, 2014 07:00 AM to Jun 30, 2014 07:00 AM — Continental House,
- Yoga with Sarah at Continental House
- Continental House - YOGA WITH SARAH - QUEENS BIRTHDAY WEEKEND
- YOGA with SARAH - complimentary for in-house guests. Classes to suit all levels. Everything is provided including a lovely warm room, and new yoga mats. Book your accommodation package now on 0467 277 525
- Continental House - Massage and Reiki - QUEENS BIRTHDAY WEEKEND
- Continental House is offering Massage, Facials and Reiki packages for in-house guests for the Queens Birthday Weekend.
- QUEENS BIRTHDAY WEEKEND ACCOMODATION PLUS YOGA -HEPBURN SPRINGS from Jun 06, 2014 02:00 PM to Jun 09, 2014 11:00 AM — Continental House,
- Vacancies at Continental House with complimentary Yoga for inhouse guests. Also available inhouse by appointment - massage, reki, foot treatments and more. Call now on 0467 277 525 to arrange your special stay
- Introduction to Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Workshop
- Suitable for all abilities this Ashtanga Yoga workshop will give you the opportunity to gain an understanding of the what, why and how of the practice. At the end of each session there will be a healthy breakfast/brunch overlooking the picturesque gardens.
- SPARKLE WELLNESS AND DETOX WEEKEND from Oct 10, 2014 09:00 AM to Oct 12, 2014 04:00 PM — Continental House,
- Enjoying the winter "comfort foods" ? Get planning for a "spring clean". The Continental House retreat programme is kicking off with earlybird special for a detox retreat with the amazing Sally Mathrick. Check out the website for details. Sally Mathrick has been a practising Naturopath for over 10 years and runs Sound Medicine, a wellness consultancy. An expert in Detox, Sally's the detox columnist for Wellbeing Australia and provides health advice for other media outlets. Sally is also a director of the Byron Integrative Medicine Conferences. Sally saw a need for a simple wellness and detox program. Welcome to Sparkle Wellness and Detox. Sally Mathrick has been a practising Naturopath for over 10 years and runs Sound Medicine, a wellness consultancy. http://www.sparklewell.com.au/2014/05/hepburn-retreat/
- DETOX WEEKEND to kick off SPRING at Continental House
- Continental House, Hepburn Springs helping you plan your health and wellbeing. Enjoying the winter "comfort foods" ? Get planning for a "spring clean". The Continental House retreat programme is kicking off with earlybird special for a detox retreat with the amazing Sally Mathrick. Check out the website for details. Sally Mathrick has been a practising Naturopath for over 10 years and runs Sound Medicine, a wellness consultancy. An expert in Detox, Sally's the detox columnist for Wellbeing Australia and provides health advice for other media outlets. Sally is also a director of the Byron Integrative Medicine Conferences. Sally saw a need for a simple wellness and detox program. Welcome to Sparkle Wellness and Detox. Sally Mathrick has been a practising Naturopath for over 10 years and runs Sound Medicine, a wellness consultancy. http://www.sparklewell.com.au/2014/05/hepburn-retreat/
- INTRODUCTION TO ASHTANGA YOGA - WEEKEND WORKSHOPS with SARAH from Aug 09, 2014 08:00 AM to Aug 10, 2014 11:00 AM — Continental House,
- Saturday 9th & Sunday 10th August 8am-11am Gain an understanding of the key elements of the Ashtanga Vinyasa system to provide you with a solid foundation on which you can build your yoga practice. This workshop is perfect for complete beginners to those who wish to deepen their understanding of the practice of Ashtanga Yoga. Come along and experience what Ashtanga Yoga has to offer. Cost: 2 day workshop = $80 (Includes a healthy and nourishing brunch to support your practice) 2 night accommodation packages available at special rates. Please call to book Sarah: 0420518330
- Review: continental-house
- Jaya Lisa Saunders 06/20/2014 I love the new look and the fresh joyful vibe...Veronica is warm friendly and inviting...I am certainly aligned with their vision of a wellness Centre which caters for holistic & ultimate wellbeing for each and every body....looking forward to being of service for the greater good of all..
- Review: continental-house
- Val Taylor 06/14/2014 New life is the watchword for this establishment and that applies to both the building and the experience on offer. Hosts Steve and Veronica are lively and fun, warm and welcoming. Very down-to-earth Northerners from UK, they are probably the last people you would expect to be the owners and operators of a mind, body and spiritual retreat. But, from the moment you arrive, you are made welcome and comfortable and nothing is too much trouble. They insist that you relax, unwind and enjoy the benefits on offer. Steve and Veronica have performed a miracle, breathing life into a grand old place that was on its last legs. Working from the bottom up, the buildings have all been restumped and made safe, rewired throughout and had new plumbing installed. Teams of workers, no doubt encouraged by Veronica with gallons of tea, have repaired, repainted, restored and retiled. They have hung new doors, replaced windows and removed countless skipfuls of old, rotting building materials. The newly restored and renovated rooms, all ensuite, are warm and inviting. The beds are new but all the other furniture has been tracked down at auctions and markets and lend an eclectic, old-world charm to the rooms. I particularly loved the beautiful art-deco peacock-glass doors at the entrance. From being on the verge of demolition the Continental Guesthouse has been painstakingly and lovingly restored to former glory. Originally built by a Russian mining magnate in the 1920s, its clientele was often wealthy, fun-loving Melbournites who visited the spa to "take the waters." Hepburn locals and papers of the day (discovered under the floorboards during the renovations) report tales of wild, extravagant parties happening at The Conti, as it was known around the town. The ghosts of glamorous flappers and flashy card-sharps linger around the lounge room. In later years, the guesthouse became accommodation for young Christian Brothers in training for their vocation, although I've a sneaking suspicion that parents with large broods often sent their sons there to receive food and education more than for their spiritual salvation. Another change of ownership saw the guesthouse become a vegan retreat - a haven for those seeking healthiness and hippyness in the restorative Victorian countryside. Continental House has come full circle and not only in its physical rebirth. All of its incarnations are now present in the current establishment. Fun and spirituality live side by side within the walls and around the extensive grounds. At the entrance, you pass through the massive hedge into another world and take a step back in time as the lovely old building greets you. Beneath a huge shady tree in the front garden, a seated Buddha conveys serenity and suggests there is much more to this place than simply accommodation. You are greeted by the vivacious Veronica and immediately made to feel like an old friend. The phrase, "mi casa su casa" springs to mind as she shows you to your room, then points out the comfortable lounge-room with its roaring log-fire, the sweet, sunny sitting area that reminds you of your Nana's house and various other pleasant areas where guests can relax in peace, both inside and out. More a retreat than a regular guesthouse, not only is physical comfort ensured, there is also much to cater to your health and wellbeing. On offer is yoga, massage, aromatherapy, meditation, reiki and, when Steve has built it, a Turkish hamam. Steve himself is a Reiki Master (always makes me think of a Jedi somehow!), Veronica, a life coach and Sarah, the assistant manager is the in-house yoga teacher. While group bookings for retreat are the main focus of this establishment, Steve and Veronica welcome casual bookings when they have vacancies. Try it. Try a stay at Continental House. Your mind, body and soul will love you for it and you will return refreshed, revived and happy to be alive to the world outside the big hedge!
- August Timetable
- Singing Weekend Workshop from Sep 26, 2014 08:50 AM to Sep 27, 2014 11:00 AM — 9 Lone Pine Ave, Hepburn Springs,
- Ever wanted to learn to Sing With Confidence? September is the perfect opportunity as we have the wonderful "Yes You Can SIng" proprietor and teacher Colleen Rees running a weekend workshop! September 26th & 27th 2014 A weekend workshop for people who are interested in learning the basics of improving confidence while singing in a safe and friendly group atmosphere. This workshop is the perfect way to learn the techniques to find and improve strength and agility in your singing voice. You will learn easy folk, popular and gospel inspired songs singing in various forms of genre. Pricing: 2 x day workshop with 2 x nights accommodation Twin Share: $240 twin share Single: $320 Workshop Only: $75 BOOK NOW!!! Ph: 0467277525 Continental House, 9 Lone Pine Ave Hepburn Springs
- September Timetable from Sep 01, 2014 02:05 AM to Sep 30, 2014 02:05 AM — 9 Lone Pine Avenue Hepburn Springs,
- With Spring just around the corner the days are getting longer and the frosts are becoming less. A shift in energy is emerging in the nature around us as well as the nature within us. The sun shines brighter, flowers begin to bloom, moods and emotions begin to lighten and energy levels increase! This is the time time we start to feel the urge to move and to wake up the body & mind after the sedentary winter months. The perfect time to get into some extra activities whether it be joining Nina on her educational workshop (If you are pregnant that is) taking on an extra yoga class or have a bit of fun while improving your singing voice with Colleen. We surely have something to tickle your fancy this month!
- October Wellness Timetable from Oct 01, 2014 11:55 PM to Oct 31, 2014 11:55 PM — 9 Lone Pine Ave Hepburn Springs,
- October Wellness Timetable